Monday, October 13, 2008

parade




we had such a great weekend. on saturday i took the kids to the heritage day parade near my parents' house. it is a really small parade that i remember going to as a kid. the parade consists of local high school bands and marching girl scout troops. so cute. when the parade ends there is a celebration in the park. we walked around the park looking at all the old cars in the car show. my dad usually brings his restored 1932 ford roadster there to show it off. it was very sweet. my sisters christina and sue went with us along with my brother jon. i was immediately transported to this small town that seemed a million miles away from los angeles.

sunday i took mason to the library book sale. we got a super cool dinosaur book and some disney books for him. i also bought gone with the wind and a stephen king novel for me. six books in all for under $10.00. i just love the library book sale. i am going to go again next month.

No comments: