Tuesday, April 6, 2010
an easter dress
i decided to make dahlia's easter dress this year. i had planned this a while ago and bought this pattern from oliver + s. this dress was supposed to be really easy to make, but it ended up taking me longer than i thought it would. i suppose i shouldn't have waited until a week before easter to start it. there were a couple of late nights for me. i made a few mistakes that had to be corrected by pulling out the stitches and resewing it. i also made it a bit more difficult by adding a lining to the skirt part of the dress. it did get done on time though and i thought she looked so cute in it. the reinforced hem makes the dress flare out slightly so it is good for twirling.