Sunday, May 12, 2013

mothers day





i had a really nice mothers day this year. we did something different. we left the family at home and just my mom and sisters got together. we went to the movies. we saw oz the great and powerful at the three dollar movie theater by my mom's house. i thought the movie was great. it has been a really long time since i have been in a movie theater and i was so excited to go. i didn't feel guilty at all leaving the kids behind with miles.

after the movie we had dinner at the yard house. yes, dinner and a movie! it is not a fancy place but the food is good and it has a nice atmosphere. they gave all the mom's a choice of a free dessert so we had a sample of each.

my kids are at an age now where they can make things for me. i love it. mason made me a sweet card with heart on it labeled with all his favorite things about me. they included playdates at the park, reading to him, and giving him healthy snacks. so sweet. dahlia made me a paper flower and gave me a plant that she decorated at the mommy and me day. connor gave me a big kiss and told me happy mothers day. i am so loved.

as for my mom, i found this pretty vintage apron and tea towel at sur la table. it was super cute. i also packaged little madeleine tea cakes with a custom tag for my mom and sisters. it was simple but sweet. happy mothers day!

No comments: