Monday, May 14, 2012

mothers day



i decided to have a little mothers day party at my house this year. mothers day is always tricky because the mom's don't want to do any work but we still want to get together to celebrate. we used to go to a restaurant but with so many little kids it doesn't really work out very well for us anymore. so this year i thought i would host something so we could have a nice lunch together. i thought i could keep it simple. i really don't know what i was thinking. i always forget just how much work it is to have a party.

miles and i invited our moms and all my brothers and sisters. it was nice to have a family get together. we served grilled chicken and shrimp, panzanella salad, corn on the cob, and autumn rice. christina made a yummy trifle for dessert. all the food was delicious.

we had a pinata for the kids that i filled with necklaces, whistles, kazoos, toy coins, and a little candy. they had so much fun trying to knock it down. the kids also set up a lemonade stand. their aunt susie made cookies that they sold with lemonade for a quarter. it was very sweet.

the party turned out very nice. my kids were crazy cute and made me homemade cards and little paper houses. i just adore them. i hope all the moms were feeling loved on mothers day.

2 comments:

Diana Marks said...

so cute!

check out my blog and, if you want, follow me, please ;)

www.LAByDiana.com

Anonymous said...

I had a really good time and I saw how much work you put into it!! Thank you.
all my love--your MIL (Granny, to the kids)